Pages

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Speech Board

Speech board is an assessment that we do every year at Drummond School. For this we have to read a passage from a book, memories a poem, present a speech and do an impromptu speech.

This year I did my speech board on Fantails, my book was ‘ an Elephant in the garden’ by Michael Morpurgo and my poem was about what I did in the Easter holidays ( we wrote our own poems this year).  For our presentation we created a slideshow on google slides. It had to have bullet points and pictures. I found out lots of interesting stuff about the Fantails breeding patterns like they can lay up to five clutches of up to five eggs every season. Another interesting fact is that 20% of Fantails are completely black.

We  do Speech board because it helps us learn to speak loud and clear and to memorize things. I personally don’t like Speech board because it’s kind of boring and costs lots of money that could be used towards more important things; like warming the school pool and starving people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.