Pages

Monday 24 July 2017

The Holidays

This morning we wrote 5 basic sentences about our holiday. We looked at a range of different connectives that will improve our writing. A connective is a word that joins simple sentences or ideas to make your writing better. some connectives are: such as, never the less, in spite of, but, and etc. After that we spent time improving our five basic sentences by using connectives. What connective can you use in your writing?

Despite already going to the super market I still had subway for lunch. The weather wasn't the best never the less we still had a fun holidays. Whilst we were in Invercargill we went to Spider Man Homecoming at the movies. In addition to that we had pizza for tea. In the second week of the holidays Mum and I came down and put the recycling bins out even though we didn't have to.




3 comments:

  1. Hey there it's Chloe form yaldhurst model school i'm a year 6. I hope you had a good holiday. did you have fun ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Sophie

    Hi Sophie, I like how you made your story of the holidays small and sweet. You should double check your blog posts before published because I saw 1 or 2 mistakes. What was your favourite part of the holidays?

    Love Mika

    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie,
    I think that this is really cool that you are learning connectives. I hope your holidays were good.

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.